Margo’s Blueberry U-Pick Farm on Florida’s Adventure Coast
Established in 1992, Margo’s Blueberry Farm on Florida’s Adventure Coast, Brooksville-Weeki Wachee, is family owned and operated.
Located in Weeki Wachee, Florida, Margo’s Blueberry Farm started as a small nursey, but now offers the largest U-Pick Blueberry Farm on Florida’s Adventure Coast with nearly seven acres of lush blueberries just ripe for the picking.
Pickers have two varieties to choose from: Farthing and Spring High. The Spring High is sweeter, but the Farthing has a delicious taste as well.
The popularity of blueberries in recent years is irrefutable. Not only are blueberries the perfect ingredient in many recipes, but they are also a super-food rich in essential vitamins. With an abundant amount Vitamin C, blueberries are ranked among the fruits with the highest antioxidant content. Sweet and juicy, they bring healthy eating to a new level of delicious.
If you and your family plan to take in the fun at Margo’s Blueberry Farm, here are some helpful tips to make your blueberry picking more pleasant and enjoyable.
1. Always be sure to sure to check the weather before you go. Bring water and be sure to wear a hat and sunscreen.
2. Some U-Pick farms only accept cash, so be sure to stop by the ATM on your way to the farm.
3. U-Pick farms are working farms. Make sure you are wearing appropriate shoes to navigate uneven paths and other hazards. Closed toe shoes are recommended.
4. Remember to stay in designated areas only for your own safety.
5. If you are new to U-Pick farms, follow the instructions and only pick the berries that are ripe and blue.
6. When you’re done, be sure to thank the employees for hosting you, and don’t forget to share your experience on social media using the hashtag, #fladventurecoast.