Blueberries are Abundant on Florida’s Adventure Coast
The popularity of blueberries in recent years is irrefutable. Not only are blueberries the perfect ingredient in many recipes, but they are also a super-food rich in essential vitamins. With an abundant amount Vitamin C, blueberries are ranked among the fruits with the highest antioxidant content. Sweet and juicy, they bring healthy eating to a new level of delicious.
While the Florida blueberry season is a short one, the mid-March to late May time frame is truly a time to celebrate all the delicious blueberries you can gather at a U-Pick farm on Florida’s Adventure Coast, Brooksville-Weeki Wachee.
There are several locations throughout Florida’s Adventure Coast where you can U-Pick blueberries, including Upicktopia, JG Ranch, and Margo’s Blueberry Farm. Visit our Agritourism page for a complete list. Before you go, it’s best to contact them for hours and days of operation.
If you and your family plan to take in the fun at one of the U-Pick farms, here are some helpful tips to make your blueberry picking more pleasant and enjoyable.
1. Always be sure to sure to check the weather before you go. Bring water and be sure to wear a hat and sunscreen.
2. Some U-Pick farms only accept cash, so be sure to stop by the ATM on your way to the farm.
3. U-Pick farms are working farms. Make sure you are wearing appropriate shoes to navigate uneven paths and other hazards. Closed toe shoes are recommended.
4. Remember to stay in designated areas only for your own safety.
5. If you are new to U-Pick farms, follow the instructions and only pick the berries that are ripe and blue.
6. When you’re done, be sure to thank the employees for hosting you, and don’t forget to share your experience on social media using the hashtag, #fladventurecoast.
Florida’s Adventure Coast is celebrating blueberry season with the return of the Brooksville Blueberry Festival, April 23 – 24, 2022. The event will include an all-new craft beer garden, featuring breweries with special blueberry beers, free live music, and Blueberry Lane, where you’ll find all things blueberry, from pies, cheesecake, shortcake, jam, honey, plants, and much more!